Private Landlords Supporting Stockton
*** STOP PRESS ***
On 16 September 2021 Stockton Council Cabinet voted to push ahead with Selective Licensing. They last tried this in 2018 with proposed fees of £945 per flat or house, but deferred a decision while PLuSS was getting started. This time they recognised PLuSS’s good work but said its membership was too low, and that how its membership increased over the coming few months would feed into whether they finally decide in 2022 to proceed with Selective Licensing.
In September 2021, 593 (39%) of 1523 privately rented properties in the Priority Areas belonged to PLuSS members. This is just not enough – we need more members. We can do it if we work together!
*** END STOP PRESS***
PLuSS (“Private Landlords Supporting Stockton”) is a voluntary association run by landlords and agents in Stockton-on-Tees as an alternative to Selective Licensing.
Our aim is to ensure all private rented properties in the Borough are well managed and of high quality and to do this by working together, raising standards by helping one another. We are playing our part in tackling anti-social behaviour and crime in our communities, helping tenants and other residents. We work with Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and apply their housing standards.
Make sure your home is a PLuSS home!
PLuSS is working with Stockton Council – see here – as part of Stockton & Thornaby Targeted Action. PLuSS Landlords & Agents sign up to higher standards – better for you, better for your neighbourhood:
- Houses meet all legal standards and are safe with no Cat1 hazards
- Protection of your deposit and a written tenancy agreement
- Repair requests get a timely and professional response
- Contact details – including for emergencies/out-of-hours
- At least 24 hours’ notice for access (except genuine emergency)
- Fair, reasonable, professional treatment without discrimination
PLuSS pays £10 for each original referral leading to a paid & signed-up member. So help yourself and help your community by getting your landlord to sign up now!
Do you know a landlord or agent operating in the PLuSS Priority Areas? You can check if they are already a PLuSS member here. If not, ask them to join or pass their details to PLuSS by sending us a message at the bottom of this page or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch now
80 Hartington Road
BBC News – Tees BBC News – Tees
- Storm Arwen: Army called in after a week without poweron December 3, 2021 at 4:47 pm
Troops arrive in County Durham as thousands remain without electricity a week after Storm Arwen.
- Hartlepool and Forest Green fined by Football Association after meleeon December 3, 2021 at 3:50 pm
Hartlepool United and Forest Green Rovers are fined for failing to control their players in their League Two game last month.
- A week since Storm Arwen hit the North East and Cumbriaon December 3, 2021 at 6:18 am
A look back at the last week after Storm Arwen caused devastation in the North East and Cumbria.
- Storm Arwen: Major incident declared as thousands without poweron December 2, 2021 at 9:49 pm
The announcement comes six days after Storm Arwen wreaked havoc across the north of England.
- Man to be extradited to Belgium in connection with Grays lorry deathson December 2, 2021 at 7:07 pm
Alex Tran is accused of being a member of a criminal organisation involved in trafficking.