Private Landlords Supporting Stockton
*** STOP PRESS ***
On 16 September 2021 Stockton Council Cabinet voted to push ahead with the preparation of data to support the introduction of Selective Licensing. They are likely to accept a detailed proposal in September 2023, and then after time for consultation, they will seek to introduce Selective Licensing for all private lettings in the Central Stockton, North Thornaby and Newtown areas.
Their last consultation about Selective Licensing was in 2018 with proposed fees of £945 per flat or house, but after consultation and PLuSS’s robust response, the proposal was shelved and the alternative of working with PLuSS has been followed.
*** END STOP PRESS***
PLuSS (“Private Landlords Supporting Stockton”) is a voluntary association run by landlords and agents in Stockton-on-Tees as an alternative to Selective Licensing.
Our aim is to ensure all private rented properties in the Borough are well managed and of high quality and to do this by working together, raising standards by helping one another. We are playing our part in tackling anti-social behaviour and crime in our communities, helping tenants and other residents. We work with Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council and apply their housing standards.
Make sure your home is a PLuSS home!
PLuSS is working with Stockton Council – see here – as part of Stockton & Thornaby Targeted Action. PLuSS Landlords & Agents sign up to higher standards – better for you, better for your neighbourhood:
- Houses meet all legal standards and are safe with no Cat1 hazards
- Protection of your deposit and a written tenancy agreement
- Repair requests get a timely and professional response
- Contact details – including for emergencies/out-of-hours
- At least 24 hours’ notice for access (except genuine emergency)
- Fair, reasonable, professional treatment without discrimination
PLuSS pays £10 for each original referral leading to a paid & signed-up member. So help yourself and help your community by getting your landlord to sign up now!
Do you know a landlord or agent operating in the PLuSS Priority Areas? You can check if they are already a PLuSS member here. If not, ask them to join or pass their details to PLuSS by sending us a message at the bottom of this page or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch now
21 Yarm Road
BBC News BBC News – Tees
- Boy reunites with firefighters who rescued himon February 22, 2024 at 2:39 pm
Blaine Beattie is recovering after being trapped in a burning flat in Peterlee.
- Woman charged with robbery and officer assaulton February 22, 2024 at 12:07 pm
The 41-year-old is facing charges connected to a knifepoint robbery on a shop in Hemlington.
- Textile and pigeon racing histories celebratedon February 22, 2024 at 7:43 am
Historic England’s Everyday Heritage programme aims to celebrate working class histories.
- Youngsters win award for knife crime muralon February 22, 2024 at 6:10 am
The mural is made up of the names of 300 victims of knife crime written on fallen leaves.
- Fire-damaged tramway will not reopen for Easteron February 21, 2024 at 5:57 pm
The Victorian lift at Saltburn was extensively damage in an electrical fire in January.